Sandra Francis, LCSW
I have been in private practice since 1995 and feel honored to walk gently and respectfully with others on their healing journey. I have discovered that we are more alike than we think, and what we long for is a sense of connection with our deepest selves and one another. My passion is supporting others in this healing process.
For More Information
Call 724-935-4070 or fill out the contact form.
Sandra Francis, LCSW – Imago & Gestalt Therapist, Pittsburgh, PA
I am a trained Gestalt and Imago therapist, energy healer, and a long-time devotee of yoga and meditation. I believe that the more we accept who we are, the more we become who we are meant to be. Through self-awareness and self-acceptance, we can become consciously aware of how our behaviors nurture or diminish ourselves and others.
I help people develop awareness of both the darkness and the light that we all share as human beings. This awareness supports the release of shame and the sense of not being enough that we so often feel.
None of us are islands, and none of our problems exist in isolation. We are always in relationship. How we move in the world has an impact on ourselves and everyone around us. Learning how to be responsible for our own behavior is both empowering and freeing, and nourishes joy, harmony, and a sense of well-being.
Credentials & Education:
- Master of Social Work degree, at Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Psychology, Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Over 30 years’ experience with children, teens, and adults at mental health facilities, drug and alcohol treatment facilities, and private institutions, including:
- Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
- Gateway Rehabilitation Center
- Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
- Persoma P.C.
Post Graduate Training:
- Specialized training at the Child Abuse Prevention Center (now Family Resources) to work with children who experienced sexual abuse
- Extensive training at the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Gestalt International, and the Violet Oaklander Institute, specializing in working with individuals, physical process (body work), couples, families, and children
- Full Spectrum Healing Arts School: energy healing, chakra balancing and spiritual development
- Advanced IMAGO Therapist and IMAGO Workshop presenter for couples and individuals; the study of relationship philosophy and couple’s counseling techniques developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) clinical training